What is Executive Coaching?
It has a variety of names: leadership, management, one to one coaching, performance coaching. However the common theme is that it is a way of developing managers in leadership positions within a corporate context. The agenda/topics are driven by the clients and their organisation and the focus is on working from strengths to perform even better rather than from a remedial perspective. A typical executive coaching session can be 90 minutes – 2 hours and gives the executive an opportunity to think through and work out plans ( and often new ways of thinking) with someone who is trained to precision listen, ask questions and hold a mirror up to the coachee, so they receive objective unbiased feedback. A good coach will provide challenge and support but it’s not a cosy conversation!
Typical Coaching Topics
There are as many topics as people however some examples are: anger management, career planning, developing emotional intelligence, work/life balance, interpersonal skills, promotion/demotion adjustments, on-boarding, managing change, conflict relationships, time management, confidence building, managing upwards, assertiveness, report writing…the list is endless.
The underlying theme however is the psychological underpinnings that block people from peak performance. This is where the real shift takes place.
Lots of tools and techniques are used in coaching although the best “tool” using the uniqueness of the relationship between coach and coachee. Tools can have a place though. Informal questionnaires such as: Learning styles, Transactional Analysis Drivers, Assertiveness preferences, Delegation and Time Management, and Career Audit Skills.
Real World Group’s Transformational Leadership Questionnaire (TLQ)
Fully validated and licensed psychometrics used are:
- Thomas International Emotional Intelligence (TEIQ)
- Real World TLQ 360 feedback (Transformational Leadership Questionnaire): The only 360 degree feedback tool proven to increase employee engagement and productivity
Why choose Julia Menaul as your coach?
- Julia has worked with hundreds of clients across the public, private and not for profit sectors as a coach since 2001.
- She has been a manager and a Learning & Development Professional for the last 25 years so understands the challenges of corporate life.
- Her qualifications and approach are grounded in the psychological dimension of learning and change to get to the emotional blockages that stop people performing to their best ability.
- Independently accredited with the Association for Coaching to Professional Executive Coach Level – a rigorous process outside of formal coaching qualifications which shows quality and constant commitment to continuing professional development as a coach.
- An advanced level coach proven by her experience of being doubly qualified as a coach supervisor who mentors both coaches and other supervisors.
Check out the blog: The Inside Story: The Secrets of an Executive Coaching Session to gain an understanding the benefits of Executive Coaching of what you can expect from Executive Coaching with Julia.
Also check out Julia's Executive Coaching Testimonials for an insight into the outcomes clients have achieved.